Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chats on the Porch 1st for 2013



Chats on the Farmhouse Porch- The First One For 2013

Everyday Ruralty
Happy New Year!


Welcome to Patrice's farmhouse. Here is some conversation from Patrice letting us know what is going on on her porch this week she says  "We'll have to chat inside today. It's very cold and the wind has been fierce. Wendell's hair looks as though he's gotten carried away with mousse. We have five baby pigs, and some lambs on the way. We are making plans for the upcoming year on the farm."

I want to thank everyone who reads this blog. I value your visits and your comments. Interacting with super people makes blogging such a fun thing. I had no idea how much I'd enjoy having a blog, until I took the plunge. Thanks for making it so enjoyable.
This week's questions:
  1. Do you make New Years resolutions?
  2. What do you hope to accomplish this year?
  3. Tell me about your favorite place to think, create, or just relax.
  4. Are you a fan of old movies? (Like the ones that were originally black and white.)
  5. Tell me something that made you happy since our last porch visit. If you're new to the chats, tell me something good that has happened to you lately.
My answers:
1. No not really I tell myself at the beginning of the year I want to work less and take my health serious, I want to try and get closer to God and walk in His light and I do accomplish that one but I get over done with Dr. stuff. This year I have made myself a GOAL...to travel & visit family at least once before the big surgery, I have 3 plane tickets saved for me for different destinations the family is on their own if they plan on going LOL please don't think I am mean or selfish I am far from that I just am limited on my travel times they are not.
2. Reconnecting with family (siblings & their children) I want to leave a footprint in their lives of me. from their own opinion and experiences not by what they were told to believe about me and my life.
3. Favorite place to think is in the car quietly in the am no radio, create would be in my craft basket, and relax is either soaking in my hot tub or in one of the oversized rockers on the deck.
4. Love old movies even black & white ones. These two funny men I actually staked a claim in with the MIL to get which of course made the BIL hate me even more and say I stole them but she did give them to me they are in great condition have never been broken or glued and stand as you can see almost as big as my couch. I have some other old movie stuff but not as cute as these guys or as easy to get a pic of (shhh they are still in boxes we haven't unpacked)

5. i have missed a few porch visits so not sure where to go with this question. I missed them because I was hospitalized. B U T......the love, support, e-mails, and my hubs caring to let the land of blog know I was gone moved me deeply. I love you all so much!!! Thank you for being there to text & e-mail me no matter the time. The first year of blogging was lonely but once I ventured into my 1st hop BLAM, I fell hard for the strong committed community of support and haven't or wouldn't look back for nothing. And Dear Patrice you and Wendell make a person want to visit and post thank you for being a HUGE part in my happiness during 2012 and looking forward to better in 2013. ~Janice~

2 comments:

  1. The post your husband did for you moved me to tears.
    I am so happy you are out of the hospital now and continue to do well.

    HUGS!! and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Thanks for the kind words. I think you are missing some comments because the link for Chats does not take someone to your chats post. If you want to go back and re-enter it, I will remove the first one.

    I'm so glad you're doing well now. You have so much on you, yet you are such a lovely person. I think your idea of traveling is good. It is important to connect with folks. See you next week on the porch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is a gift you leave everytime you visit, thanks for giving me a gift!
I will visit and give it back either here or on your blog.
Love & blessings to all !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...