Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pondering with a Purpose~Time


Pondering with a Purpose - Time flies

Photobucket
Welcome to Pondering with a Purpose -
 This is Brenda's weekly hop where she posts a prompt and you get to write to it on your - come back here and add it to her linky and then we all get to go read what you wrote!
She started Pondering with a Purpose because -- simply put -- Sh's a writer - - that is what she does ! And although I love following all the hops, I wanted to see if I could bring out some creativity in not only myself, but some of my blogger friends as well.

The rules are really easy:


1. Grab the Pondering with a Purpose Badge 
2. Look at the week's prompt
3. Post something on your blog that relates to the prompt - it can be a story, a poem, a picture -- anything you want it to be.
4. Come back here and add the URL from your post to the linky list below.
5. Go check out the other bloggers who have added their links to the list.
6. AND most of all.... Have fun!


This Week's prompt: time

Do you seem to think that time is flying by? Obviously when we are the middle of a crisis or a tough situation it seems to be creeping and crawling.... that's not what I'm talking about... I'm talking about time as a whole...
I am one of the worst when it comes to time. I was always late, always setting the time ahead 10 minutes to help me get better
but I knew the clock was 10 minutes a head and I still accounted
that extra time in and arrived late.
My life changed when I got the business I had to be an example
and I had many people depending on my time, all of a sudden, it
caused great stress, but I did get better about managing time and
 being on time.
Time is once again knocking on my door making me want to just 
take the batteries out to stop it from clicking away. Where does the time go? why does it have to sneak up on me so suddenly? How did 
I lose it?
When my husband worked construction he constantly said no to people asking favors, I was confused....why would you say no to so-so who asked you to help him with something? Hubs would say flatly my time isn't free, i have a family and they need me on my time off  not a bunch of young guys sitting around a side job drinking beer expecting me, the old dude, to show them how to do it while they watched....simple they couldn't afford what I charge for my time if it takes me away from my family. Now a bon-a-fide favor totally different.
Time is chasing me around the house on a regular bases, sometimes with my pants down sometimes with them up but I feel the pressure of time running out for me daily and I want to scrunch and scramble to do so many things in quickly so I am on a time roller coaster that I am not sure how long I will be riding but as I am I know I have lots of you riding it with me so I am not afraid.

30 comments:

  1. Good morning you need to change your comments. You have no reply blogger and I can only reply this way. Hope you join us this week for the Sunshine Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did join this week and I hope I got it worked out fingers crossed

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! :D I love writing prompts, and I like what you've written about time. I appreciate your husband's response to the favors asked of him while working construction. :D

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love visiting your blog it is so pretty there :)
      It took me awhile to get it because I am a jump right in to do a favor without thinking & when he broke it all down how time is money and those not willing to give you their time or pay you for yours shouldn't take away from family I now am less quick to say yes.

      Delete
  3. Your hubby is right in his case, time is money!

    For me, time is bizarre now. I was always so scheduled and could time things to a tee. Now that I'm sick, I've had to learn how to be much more flexible and it's been a learning process for sure, especially lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I know what you mean it is tough to unlearn what we spent a huge part of our lives doing, like for me it was waiting until the last minute and then rushed and the later i got the more I wanted to not go at all so I felt like a flake and not frosted so I could be liked for my sugary goodness LOL

      Delete
  4. It is amazing how the value of time changes for each individuality. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is Wayne thanks for stopping in I am glad you guys got back from the Holidays safely ","

      Delete
  5. Excellent post about Time. Time is fleeting and it just runs away from us without warning. I am right there with you with faith and hope and prayers for you!!

    Love and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your post about time. There are times when giving of our time can be rewarding. Family time is especially valuable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true Judy we have to know where to draw the line and if at all possible include the family.

      Delete
  7. If only we could take the batteries out and make it stop for just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok Tami lets make a deal if you figure out to make that work let me know share the secret and if I do 1st I will share it with you ok?? But which one would be in charge of putting them back in?? 1-2-3...not it!!!

      Delete
  8. I love your hubby comment on family time. Don't be afraid my friend. You know we are here for you and are taking this ride with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do know I am surrounded with more support than ever could imagine and I feel so blessed no fear here!! Thanks sister!!

      Delete
  9. I can so relate to this post, Brenda - time, having enough of it to do the things I want/enjoy is one of my biggest challenges and frustrations in life. I'm still trying to find a way to make peace with it, mosts nights I go to bed stressed because I feel like I've been cheated out of playtime, or if I played I feel guilty about what I should have done, but didnt. Hmmmm, will have to ponder a bit for this post... great topic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote mine while out of time LOL well after midnight my meds hadn't made me a bit sleepy again so I felt guilty for still being up and wasting sleeping time.

      Delete
  10. Janice.... this is such a great post! And I love your husband's attitude... family time SHOULD be the most important.... so many of us get wrapped up in the stresses and responsibilities that we create for ourselves that we lose sight of what really matter... family!

    Thanks for pondering with me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to be pondering with you Brenda!! Yes family is number one it has to be and that is what he would try to tell the young guys when they would clown him for not wanting to go for a beer or spend the weekend doing "GUY" stuff my husband was past that and wanted to be with his family and he did it without me forcing him to, it helped that when we got together we were older wiser and both divorced from the wrong partner LOL

      Delete
  11. Time truly is fleeting and I too wish we could take the batteries out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh yes take them out just for a short while?!?!? You really must be feeling times effects you have so much to do before your move and time is the main character in the plan. I am here for you anyway I could possibly help I WILL!!

      Delete
  12. Love your husband's thoughts --- I am a firm believer in saying "no" when I am well aware my time will be pressed in the saying of "yes". Especially if it takes time away from my family. (unless of course you need help drinking a pot of coffee, in which case, I'll be there in 5. lol)
    "time chasing me" -- what a great image. That's exactly how it can feel on my busiest, and hence also most stressful days. Those are the times I need to to just stop and be more aware. great post my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we could redo the part in Alice in Wonderland and instead of the rabbit running around talking about being late we could have a clock chasing him??LOL I feel chased by the clock alot but I do practice boundaries now. Thanks ","

      Delete
  13. don't you hate how you set your clock fast but then you know it's set fast so that doesn't work? lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABSOLUTELY!!! OH WAIT IS THAT REALLY THE TIME THEY SAY?? NO IT ISN'T MY CLOCK IS 10 MINUTES FAST WE HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO DRIVE 20 MINUTES AWAY UMMM NOT!!! LOL

      Delete
  14. Time is a tough one. I tend to put things off because "there's still so much time" and then I either scramble or give up when I realize how little time there actually is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I PLAY A ROULETTE TYPE GAME WITH MY CLOCK I SAY OK 7 MORE MINUTES THAT IS THE ABSOLUTE LATEST WE CAN LEAVE WHY ON EARTH 7?? HOW ABOUT WE LEAVE IN 12? IT JUST TAUNTS ME SO ALL GLOWY NUMBERY LOL *,*

      Delete
  15. thank you for stopping by :) i hate not having enough time in the day....love n hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is a gift you leave everytime you visit, thanks for giving me a gift!
I will visit and give it back either here or on your blog.
Love & blessings to all !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...