Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chats on the Porch 75


Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 75

Everyday Ruralty
 
 
QUESTIONS
  1. What's your favorite thing to have in hot cocoa/ hot chocolate?
  2. Did you have a white Christmas? Have you had snow since then?
  3. Have you been looking over seed catalogs? If this doesn't apply, what kind of catalogs do you like to leaf through?
  4. Gas stove or electric?
  5. What's new or interesting?
                 ANSWERS:
1. whipping cream or dip a cookie but I don't really care for the marshmellow thingy.
2. We had some snow late in the day but it didn't stick around thru the night and we have had only icy nights sense no white stuff. I would rather have the white then the ice.
3. Not seeds, I had a huge catalog addiction when we first moved (3 yrs, ago) it was so nice to order thru the catalogs no lines, no rude people, & it allowed me to circle items and go back & forth about purchasing things and then get a grip and say I CAN live without that item so No order. Flipping thru catalogs was my de-stress wish list thing for the new house but I bought very little so it was a weird addiction. I would get anywhere between 12-15 catalogs in the mail a day when I 1st quit buying completely from them now it is 5-7.
I give the least liked one to Dollie to chew while I thumb thru the better ones, she doesn't eat the paper she just thinks she is helping me with not ordering LOL.
4. We have electric now.
5. hmmmm toughie.......oh I got the rental car today while mine is in the shop being fix from my wreck... it is new.
                    HEAD OVER TO PATRICE'S PORCH AND CHECK OUT HER SWEET BABY PIGLETS AND DO SOME CHATTING WITH US ALL. OH AND DON'T FORGET TO BRING WENDELL A CARROT. THANKS PATRICE FOR HOSTING ;]

17 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a wreck. Hope it wasn't serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No injuries, yep it happened few days after Holidays I shouldn't have been driving to begin with and it was really icy.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the lovely card! You are such a sweet person!!

    HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cards you send as well so yep it does take one to know one and I think you are pretty darn sweet too!!!
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. That's funny that Dollie helps you save money by chewing up the catalogs! I think you are quite right- waiting to order with a catalog means you can tell yourself you don't need something. With online ordering, it's awful easy to push that "order" button. Have a good week!I hope you are feeling well now. I care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks just like the drawing (dollie) it amazes me everyday when I look at that drawing how she captured her perfectly. Doing much better thanks for hosting the chat :]

      Delete
  4. I would love a gas range, but alas, electric it is. And I also do not like marshmallows in my hot chocolate - - marshmallow creme is a totally different thing, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try this marshmellow creme you speak of LOL
      I would rather have a gas range too but we are all electric here :(

      Delete
  5. Mmm, I love dipping ginger cookies in hot chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally agree with you; I rather have white over ice! not fun driving in ice! Also with you about marshmellows in hot chocolate; never quite got that why people liked it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ice has me a lil freaked out still. Hope you have a super week Betty thanks for stopping by :]

      Delete
  7. I prefer elec. to gas only because I can shut the elec. off and I know it's still cooking the food for a bit. We have gas now and I still can't get used to it. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They cook completely different for sure I like the gas because when the power goes out you can cook with the stove at least. Thanks for stopping by hope you are having a good week ;)

      Delete
  8. I like how you get rid of the magazines you no longer want to look at!!! ;-) And, I HOPE you don't catch the yonkers, too!!! I hear it can be very, very painful!!! Can you tell I'm still sleep deprived and a bit looney?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these questions... No snow yet, just rain but I live in the south and never see much snow. As for Hot Chocolate, I love everything about it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always had a catalog obsession and used to play weird games with I was a kid with them. Sometimes I would pretend I had to order one item from each page, other times it would be if I ordered a certain amount then I would win a huge prize. My favorite of all times was of course the Sears Roebuck Wish book. I was such a strange child :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to shop anywhere BUT the actual store. I suppose that makes me anti-social but I just don't like to deal with the crowds or the rude people I encounter. I'm working now on letting that not bother me but it's just so hard for me. I treat people how I want to be treated and it doesn't seem to matter. The killing them with kindness approach doesn't pay it forward lol

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is a gift you leave everytime you visit, thanks for giving me a gift!
I will visit and give it back either here or on your blog.
Love & blessings to all !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...